Today, a video occurred to me that I left out of my fav christian songs post.
I love this song “Goodly Heritage” since my sister first read me the lyrics. My siblings were gonna sing it and record it for me to use in the music video for my parents 50th anniversary dinner. but we decided instead to just have me do a video from my sister’s Goodly Heritage CD. (I believe we even got permission since she knows them)
my sister said there was no way she could sing it without crying. (I think this was the video that made my brother “mr. tough guy” cry at the anniversary.)
This song fits my parents so perfectly. I really do have a goodly heritage. my parents weren’t/aren’t perfect because they’re godly not God. But when I heard this song, I thought “how do they know Mom & Dad?” the answer is clear, it’s because they have similar parents.
I rewatched my video today and it made me tear up. Probably because of Daddy being Home (with a capital H), and because I’m now a grand-aunt and I know the importance of passing on that goodly heritage.
This link goes to a video of my family. If you know my last name, you can watch the video. http://wp.me/pIXIq-lR
In the meantime, here is an acapella version of just the song.
Here are the lyrics:
I may not have riches as some others may
But I have a mother who knows how to pray
There may be some things I’ve missed in my youth
But I have a father who stands for the truth
I have a goodly heritage
I’m blessed with things you can’t see
I have a goodly heritage
And that is worth far more to me
And if in the future, my parents pass on,
To dwell in that City, we’ve come to call Home
They may not leave me the wealth of this world
But I will inherit their God and His Word
When problems plague you and troubles rage on.
just look at your children who’ll bear your name on.
Someday they’ll walk down the same path you’re on
and they’ll need a witness that his grace is strong.
They need a goodly heritage.
they’ll look at you and press on
they’ll say my folks stay faithful.
in that strength they can carry on
I have a goodly heritage
I want for them the same thing.
I have a goodly heritage
that’s something worth passing on.
now, that’s something worth passing on.
I sing; I love to sing; but I don’t sing well. I make a “joyful noise” emphasis on the noise. But I love music, I don’t listen to it as much as I used to because I realized I was singing along at work and it wasn’t quite under my breath.
I don’t understand how people can have 1 favorite song. I have so many. Every so often, I get the urge to share my favorite songs. Normally, it’s a million shares. But this time I decided to do a post.
These are Christian songs/hymns etc that I love. I’ll probably add more as others occur to me. Many of them have been my favorites for years. The videos below aren’t necessarily the best video or even the version I think of when I sing (several are family versions so my version might be ) but they’re online.
I’m Gonna Sing
This song more then anything seems to make me show the Joy of the Lord that is in me. I just love it. I’m a dried up Baptist, but this song gets me moving. I sing it loud & badly and I’m moving my arms & my head in my own idea of rhythm so it’s a good thing I listen alone. This is probably the newest addition to my favorites list.
God’s Perfect Lamb
This song I’ve loved since the first time I heard it. I love the music and the words. (I’m more all about the words then anything else). I want to translate this into Korean. (there’s not a Korean translation, but the owners are Ok with me translating it – if I send them the translation)
He is King
This song isn’t a great favorite, but it came to mind today and the lyrics would be easier to translate.
Symphony of Praise
This is another favorite. I haven’t listened to it in ages. Love it. (He was one of my favorite singers growing up. It’s also awesome in Spanish. (I had his Spanish albums as well.)
When I get Carried Away
This is along the same as first one. It gets me moving. tho typicallly just toe-tapping. I can actually listen to this one in public.
This is my Easter song. I love love love it.
God is Still Good
I heard this song (or a version of it) for the first time going to see my dad at the hospital. I listened to it probably 10 times in a row. It’s an old song so it’s strange that I hadn’t heard it before. The music isn’t my favorite style (little twangy) – but the lyrics are what I needed.
I love this song. When I took vocal lessons, I wanted to sing it. (teacher wanted me to sing in public) I obviously don’t have the ability to sing this well (especially in Public) because it requires letting loose.
Because He Lives
Yet another favorite of mine thru the years. I haven’t heard this version before but it’s Ok. It’s kinda slow but singable. (I don’t care for the versions where they go so high on “reigns” ) There are millions of Because He Lives videos on YT – pick one that you like🙂
This is a very good version in Korean. It’s the tempo I like. (but she can go pretty high which isn’t my favorite because I can’t)
The lyrics to this are so powerful. It never fails to convict me.
I was going to end there but I have to share my all time favorite. Since I can’t sing, I just pick a part and sing. Tho sometimes I sign it. It’s beautiful signed.
This is not the sign language I was looking for but it’s awesome.
I’m really enjoying my Brother ScanNCut. I’m learning a lot. Here are some of the projects I’ve done recently and also some organization things I came up with. My SNC storage drawer is getting quite full.
- I’ve redone my Pandorica box – this one is made from paper with photos’s of the moon’s surface on it so it looks cooler and actually opens. It’s big enough that I can store my standees in it but the lid won’t close all the way.
- I’ve also adapted an http://www.alandacraft.com gift tag tutorial into a holder for mending kits – and then I further adapted it so that the hole is the star trek insignia. (what can I say? I’m a geek.)
- Today I tried something new. Layering vinyl. The pig rabbit below is made of 4 colors of vinyl. It’s not perfect but I had the idea of adding a little random shape to each color in the same spot so I can use it to align everything and save vinyl. It didn’t quite work out like I had planned so I have more ideas for next time. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it – it’s permanent adhesive so I have sticker anxiety.😀 As a kid, I never wanted to put my stickers anywhere in case I changed my mind.
- The Wonder Woman eagle below is a test. It’s just going to decorate the box I store my Wonder Woman costume in, and the full size version will be cut out of heat transfer vinyl to make me a new shirt. I’m hoping it can work on an athletic tee so I can swim in it – but I’m not holding out hope. I think I’ll need to get a special HTV for that
- Yesterday, my sister and I created a bunch of onesie designs (stencils and a couple glitter HTV) for my new grandniece (great-niece? – I never can remember). I don’t have photos. When I say we, I mean I did most of it but she weeded and had final call on fonts etc. This is when I realized how annoying it is to try to turn normal fonts into a stencil font.
This weekend I had some idea for organization.
- I’ve decided to start using that ugly paper that I have so much of. For some reason, K&Company thinks stained wallpaper designs deserves to be in a Best of Book so I’m stuck with quite a lot (I didn’t look closely enough before buying. Some of it is quite pretty but the majority of that book is ugly. Before my sister came Saturday, I cut out the designs I had created on Friday by that time in the ugly paper so she could see what they would look like and we could fine-tune wording & fonts. (no pictures – sorry). I also drew the wording we were going to use for glitter HTV on the back of an ugly sheet so we could see how much to cut off the roll. That piece of paper is now separating my possibly useable craft paper scraps from the “what am I going to do with all these” scraps.
- Earlier this week, I was showing my sister my ScanNcut as we planned and I lost the protective cover to my old mat. As a temporary solution I covered it with transparencies. But on Saturday, I had a brainstorm. I took a piece of that ugly paper and covered it with Contact Paper (both sides) – now I have a cover that will be hard to lose. (I bet the cover went behind the craft cabinets.)
- My new mat is looking pretty ragged after the workout we put it thru. We used both mats because we discovered that freezer paper didn’t like too many curves & it would rip so we used transparencies (I have a random box leftover from a project) for those. But I decided to decorate my new mat’s protective cover with bits of vinyl so I can spot it easily. That’s a Star Trek TOS Science’s communicator fail pictured.
- Yesterday, I had to keep flipping my computer around so my sister could see the fonts I had selected. For some of them, she kept changing her mind (can you show me the other font again?) They started running together so today I made a Font Book for my wall. Well, it’s a font book if a font book can be 3 pages and be taped to a wall. (actually, the pages shown are taped to my window shade).
Those are the Canvas built-in fonts upper & lower case drawn on the backside of ugly paper. I have a numerals as well – but that’s on a different section of wall. I did uppercase first and it worked out well because I was able to choose the width of the text blocks and then the lowercase & numerals had the same height to make comparison easy. I pasted in the quick brown fox sentence & Canvas got rid of all the spaces, which actually worked out quite well since I was able to select/delete/paste easily.
- My main ScanNcut stuff is a plastic drawer unit – that’s where the manuals, vinyl and mats (and the rhinestone kit I’ll never use) is stored. My tools (I bought the Cricut set and it’s great) are stored in a dollar store pencil box. My brayer goes in a basket cause that can be used for other crafts as well.
- When I first got the ScanNCut, I made myself a notebook so I can store the settings I need for each type of material. It & a pen fits neatly in the pencil box as well. I got the bright idea today to start taping my test cuts to the page so I can see what the thickness was for comparison.
Anyway that’s some of the stuff I’ve been up to instead of doing what I should be doing (mainly laundry). I’m totally considering decorating a Tee shirt with the pig rabbit on it in Heat Transfer Vinyl.🙂 Or even a polo so I can wear it to work.🙂 & maybe a wonder woman polo as well.🙂
Why is it that bad guys on television always store all their data on a secret partition on their hard drive or a password protected folder? Is it just so the quirky, IT girl can crack the password dramatically saving the day somehow? They need to make life more difficult for the good guys: even quirky IT girls.
If I were a TV bad guy, and I had top secret data, maybe it’s the photos of Ronald McDonald eating a whopper that I’m using for blackmail or whatever, I’m not leaving it on any computer, phone or tablet for quirky IT girls to hack when I’m not there. Flash drives and SD Cards, which are only accessed via a guest account – that gets automatically wiped every time it shuts down, are the way to go. Heck, with Macs & the size of flash drives now a days, I could have the BadGuy user acct be on the flash drive. Flash drive stays on my person; probably in disguise.
The SD card backups (128 GB minimum) can be hidden anywhere. I’d probably have 2. One would be behind a baseboard, behind the medicine cabinet, light fixture or otherwise well hidden – it’s my longterm TimeMachine backup that I only access every so often to update. and the other would be labeled 4 gb (easy enough to fake) and placed in a crappy old camera, with some landscape shots (taken with that camera) in the default directory.
Cameras have functions to wipe cards automatically. Not difficult to run – not that secure but who would pay attention? If I see TV cops at my house, the flash drive gets tossed into a handy sewer (or hidden to retrieve later if I can do it safely). If I can’t it’s disguised enough not to be completely obvious what it is.
The camera with the short-term backup card is almost hidden in plain sight but not quite – and definitely not in the same room with the computer stuff. That’s where the good guys will be focusing. In a storage area with random old junk. (I’ll keep diatomaceous earth handy if I need to add more dust to the box when I put it away – it’s just a green way to kill bugs so that’s not suspicious a fan blowing would help the dust placement.) If I can, I’ll swap out the memory card with a fake that looks identical. Else I hope it doesn’t get noticed. Another possibility is formatting it multiple times using the camera’s function. This would only work if I can access the storage room when I say I’m going to the bathroom.
And of course, my long term storage is hidden safely away where it would be darn impossible to find; and preferably somewhere that a normal warrant wouldn’t cover. I’m the TV bad guy; what do I care about the rule of law and complying with warrants.
Another option for keeping the LT backup away from the TV good guys. Multiple PO Boxes in a different name, and just forward it around the country; eventually, it returns and I update it and then start the cycle all over again for the price of a stamp. this is also a way to get rid of the USB drive temporarily.
And if I were a really smart TV bad guy, I’d make it so that the flash drive and SD cards would look for each other and wouldn’t operate properly without the other.
One way or another, I’d confound the quirky IT girl & the TV good guys and she wouldn’t be able to save the day so I’d be freed and be able to change to blackmailing the Taco Bell Dog for eating Pizza hut. They’d have to catch me accessing my stuff (and of course, my wifi would be disabled when I use it) for the TV good guys to triumph.
It’s a good thing I’m not a TV bad guy, cause if I can come up with this in the shower who knows what I could come up with if this was my full time job.😀
It’s no secret that I’m a geek. It’s also no secret that I love Doctor Who. And since this blog is called The Inept Seamstress, you’d expect I’d have some type of crafting ability.
I don’t. Not really. But I’m good with computers. So I ordered a Brother ScanNcut for some of my projects. It sat barely used for months until I got this idea.
I made Doctor Who PaperDolls – or if you prefer, mini-Standees. I took some promo photos, and added a paper doll base (half-circle) in Photoshop, printed them on photo paper, then uses my Xyron adhesive roller machine thingy to attach them to some card I had lying around (notebook covers) and then cut it out using my ScanNCut.
If you want to steal this idea, make sure you Scan to Data first so you can check everything carefully, and if necessary fix it in Canvas. Whatever you do, don’t eject your mat while you’re trying to fix the cutting file. It may not come in the same position. Also try not to move your object around while fixing it in Canvas.
I totally screwed up the Pandorica, but I was able to recover. It was a 2 part cube with spiral cut out. Each part of the cube was a top and 2 sides with tabs to connect them.
The first half around I forgot to connect the spiral to the cube so it had a circle cut out. I used my Xyron to apply adhesive to it and I stuck it on green cardstock. Green because my reference photos were showing green ragged spirals.
The second time around I fixed that and I remembered to mirror the cutting file so it would have a bottom. What I hadn’t paid attention to was the paper template I had adapted had 2 tabs on 1 side. Unfortunately, the tab with the slits was on the other half and they didn’t line up, I’ve since redone the cutting file so I would have it for the future.
Unfortunately, I didn’t use enough glue on the spiral on the fixed one (I was afraid of making a mess), so that may show wear.
If I were properly crafty, I would have made it out of a dark gray or stone print paper and/or would have used ink to age/texture it, but I used what I had. It’s still cool even with all the mistakes.
I may decide to upload the cutting file (fcm) if any fellows geeks are interested.
I did a music video using some video I took and the below photos. It’s not that great but you might find it funny/touching.
This is gallery of all my creations and detailed photos of the Pandora
As nearly everyone who has ever heard me talk about dramas knows, my favorite drama is You’re Beautiful. 말도없이 (Without Words) is why I started learning Korean. I went to Seoul in 2012 and the timing was so that I could see a live production of You’re Beautiful. (I’m still waiting for someone to bring it to Broadway or at least Viki.) I also take the photo comic books with me to the dentist as a distraction & a way to practice reading Korean.
I’ve seen the Japanese version (Ikemen desu ne)and the Taiwanese version (Fabulous Boys) as well. I just rewatched Fabulous Boys on viki and I’d started I’d do a showdown or review or something. I know very little about Taiwanese dramas so bear with me. Also, I wasn’t planning on writing this when I watched Fabulous Boys and I haven’t rewatched YAB in a while so I might be fuzzy and skip some stuff.
Spoilers for both.
- Park Shin Hye as Go MiNam/ Go MiNyu / Cheng Yu Xi as Gao Mei Nan/Gao Mei Nu
- Jang Geun Suk as Hwang TaeKyung / Jiro Wang as Huang Tai Qing
- Jung Yong Hwa as Kang ShinWoo / Hwang In Deok as Jiang Xin Yu
- Lee Hong Ki /Evan Yo as Jeremy
My 2 Cents
I believe that Cheng Yu Xi Mei Nan is just as good as Park Shin Hye’s MiNam. They both have their strength’s and weaknesses. One obvious difference is FB allows you to see the “real” Mei Nan, he even participates in several key scenes. My gut says that PSH couldn’t pull off playing an real man instead of a former wannabe nun pretending to be a man. Or maybe she didn’t want to do it. But that is something I had wanted to see so in FB you can.
Tai Qing is less arrogant (he’s plenty arrogant – don’t get me wrong) and more emotionally available then TaeKyung. His emotions are more believable. He’s also gentler (his eyes especially). I like him better then TaeKyung.
I’m sure acting wise Hwang In Deok could get Jung YongHwa a run for his money, but emotionally, I have to go with ShinWoo/YongHwa. There is one scene in particular I didn’t like – somehow Xin Yu found out who Mei Nan’s mother was. I don’t see how that is even possible considering he wouldn’t have found out until after the big disclosure/fight. Maybe he’s a gangster/PI in disguise?
Jeremy. There’s only one Jeremy. That is the super adorable HongKi. (Adorable as in: he reminds me of my nephew when he was 6. I def. “don’t think of him as a man” :D ) The YAB Bus Scene always make me tear up. But I felt nothing during the same scene in FB. Part of it could be he didn’t sing that well – HongKi’s singing thru his tears is what tears a hole in my heart; every single time! also FB Jeremy didn’t have funny hair styles & clothes😉
In some aspects, Fabulous Boys is a clone of You’re Beautiful. Some scenes are almost identical. But FB is 20 eps versus YAB 16, so stuff has been added. I don’t think the additions hurt the plot too much (except for Xin Yu being a PI). One of the crucial additions is the Mei Nan helping at an orphanage. It’s believable that she would want to give kids a good Christmas. Tho the compulsive knitting is a bit weird – but sure, fine, whatever.
In some ways, Fabulous Boys is funnier then YAB. For instance, during the fight over the phone – Mei Nan licks it to keep Tai Qing from touching it and then threatens him. That’s hilarious! She uses his Monk tendencies against him.
Something I didn’t like – the hair clip was even smaller and plainer then the bow. It was also a star. Everything was covered in stars.
I really like that Mei Nan & Mei Nu meet up (at the airport scene) After Mei Nan plays the angry big brother part with the reporter, they get to hug. Mei Nan is even supportive of Mei Nu & Tai Qing’s relationship. His take was never given in YAB. However, you’d think that people not in on secret would start wondering when Mei Nan’s hair keeps changing. (when Mei Nu played him again). Also, the total change of personality (but that applies to both versions).
I like the actual ending of FB boys better – but I don’t like that he sings her dad’s song and announces it’s for the most important person in his life and she is still walking out! It’s also cute that the fans around them when they meet – are the ones you see in the first episode etc.
The music in FB was OK – but I think Still was the only song from YAB – and I love “Without Words.”
I’m running out of steam, but I recommend watching Fabulous Boys.
BTW – one of these days I’m going to do proper screenshots and maybe even learn to make gifs (used to know how a long time ago) – so, sorry my posts are text heavy.